If you are thinking of getting a vehicle for your family or business and have a limited budget, consider buying a used car. Buying used cars is better than leasing for a number of reasons and is a lot less expensive than purchasing a brand-new car.
In order to get the most out of your hard-earned money, there are some important considerations to make when buying a used car. Read on to find out more tips on getting the best deal on your used car purchase.
For more information and the best selection of used cars, trucks, and SUVs in the greater St. Louis area and beyond, choose Mid-Rivers Motors. Located in St. Peters, MO, we are a local pre-owned vehicle dealership that specializes in selling diesel trucks and lifted trucks since 1991. We also have a wide selection of cars and SUVs. You can check out our used cars and pickup trucks for sale by viewing our online inventory, calling us at 636-970-6800, or stopping by our St. Peters car dealership today.
The 5-Step Roadmap When Buying a Used Car
Before you head down to your used car dealership and buy the used car you have been eyeing, make sure to do your homework. Even though it is a used car you are buying, it is still a hefty financial investment to make. This is why you need to make sure you get a good deal out of the transaction. Here are five things you should do first before buying a used car:
- Know what you want. Instead of having a fuzzy idea of what you want in a car, list down the amenities and features you want. Knowing what you want before buying a used car will help narrow down your choices and help you decide what brand and model to get.
- Research the brand and model of the car. Check out how the car performs on the road by browsing car forums and comparison sites.
- Get a vehicle history report. In order to minimize the risk that comes with buying a used car, purchase from a dealership you can trust. You may also want to check the vehicle history report of the car you are going to purchase. You will be able to check for accident history, flood damage, and maintenance.
- Have the car inspected by a mechanic. Make sure to choose a mechanic whose professional opinion you trust. If the seller balks at the idea of an inspection, you may want to reconsider buying a used car from that dealership.
- Choose a dealer that offers great financing. Some used car dealers will do and say anything just to get you to say “yes” and buy a used car. Know where to find the best used cars for sale and choose a dealer that will be able to help you out, especially if you are in a tight spot because of your credit history. Mid-Rivers Motors offers great used car financing options with guaranteed approval. We work with multiple financial institutions to provide car loans for bad credit even for people who have bad credit due to illness or injury, divorce, job loss, or bankruptcy.
More Tips for Buying a Used Car
For more help buying a used car, check out the tips and information resources below:
- Where to Find the Best Used Cars for Sale
- Used Car Financing Options
- Why Buy Used Cars: Why Buying Used Is Better than Leasing
- Tips for Obtaining Car Loans for Bad Credit
Need Help Buying a Used Car in St. Louis?
Mid-Rivers Motors offers a lot of resources when it comes to helping you buy the used car or truck you really want and obtaining car loans with bad credit. To get pre-approved for a loan, simply complete our online car financing application. You can also view our used cars and pickup trucks for sale online, stop by our used car dealership in St. Peters, or call us at 636-970-6800!