Looking for small trucks for your family or business use? There are a myriad of choices, and because of this, choosing one that fits your needs can be a bit daunting and frankly overwhelming. You need to find the right balance and make sure that a truck’s overall performance, hauling or towing capacity, and price meet your requirements.
If you’re confused on what to buy, allow the specialists at Mid-Rivers Motors to help. We are a local pre-owned vehicle dealership that specializes in trucks such as diesels, lifted trucks, and small trucks. We have been serving the greater St. Louis community since 1991.
Browse our selection of used pickup trucks for sale online or if you would like to learn more about buying the best small truck with our guaranteed financing options, call us at 636-970-6800.
Why Choose a Small Truck?
If you are shopping for a vehicle and want enough space for both cargo and passengers, but don’t want to move up to a full-size truck, a small truck is the perfect candidate for you. Small trucks are basically general-purpose vehicles. Not only are they great for everyday commuters and families, they have also proven to be extremely popular among small business owners.
7 Factors to Consider When Choosing Small Trucks
When it comes to small trucks, there are many different makes and models to choose from each with different features and prices. Here are some of the factors that you should compare to help you decide which among Mid-Rivers Motors’ small trucks to purchase:
- Payload capacity – This determines how much weight the truck will be able to carry. This is important to consider because overloading a small truck can put a lot of strain on the vehicle and also put the driver at risk.
- Bed size – This factor determines how much cargo room you will have to safely transfer your load.
- Cargo management – This feature is related to how cargo is secured and whether a truck can carry a load safely and securely.
- Crew capacity – This factor determines how many people the truck can carry. Many small trucks have only a front seat for two or three passengers. However, some small trucks have a back seat that can accommodate seating for up to five.
- Driving conditions – Will the truck be driving primarily at highway speeds or in a stop-and-go environment? Some trucks operate better under certain conditions.
- Off-road use – You should also determine the kind of roads the truck will drive over. Are you planning to drive the truck driving over flat or rough terrain, or will it be used to travel off-road? The key to a successful used truck purchase is to use the truck as it was intended to be.
- Mileage – You will also want to consider current mileage as well as determine an estimate of the number of miles the truck will be used every year.
Shop the Best Small Trucks in St. Louis
When looking for used car dealers to buy trucks in the greater St. Louis area, you need to look for a reliable and trustworthy one who will take care of you. With a wide selection of small pickup trucks available, rest assured that Mid-Rivers Motors is the small truck dealership you have been looking for.
Check out the wide range of small trucks that we have available in our online inventory or stop by our St. Peters location today. With our guaranteed financing program, you’re sure to have the small truck of your dreams in no time at all! For more information on our pickup trucks for sale, please call us at 636-970-6800.