According to CNN, the Ford F-Series has been the US and Canada’s most popular truck since its launch in 1977. In fact, the car manufacturer has sold more than 26 million units since it began selling its most popular truck, the F-150. The success of the Ford truck can be attributed to the fact that it has a well-built chassis, great fuel efficiency, and powerful hauling/towing capacity. Whether this is your first or 10th time purchasing a truck, used Ford trucks make an excellent choice.
If you are looking for used Ford trucks around the St. Louis area, Mid-Rivers Motors can help you get the used Ford truck of your dreams. We are a local pre-owned vehicle dealership in St. Peters with an emphasis on selling a wide variety of trucks, including used Ford F-150, F-250, and Super Duty trucks. You can visit in St. Peters just off Mid-Rivers Mall Drive and Highway 70 or call us at 636-970-6800 for more information on our pickup trucks for sale.
5 Tips When Buying Used Ford Trucks
When buying any used truck, there are some important factors to consider. The following considerations can help guide you to make the right choice when buying a used Ford truck.
- Know how and where you will use the truck. If you just need something for personal transportation and will be doing limited hauling, you may be better off with an affordable light-duty truck. However, if you are planning on hauling a heavy load or towing a trailer regularly, you will need something more powerful. Knowing the features you want in a used Ford truck will make your purchase decision easier.
- Do a background check. Inquire about the used Ford truck’s vehicle history report and run the truck’s VIN to get an idea of what the vehicle has been through and how the vehicle has been cared for.
- Check the mileage. If possible, find out how the mileage was accumulated. Was it from driving on the highway or from driving in stop-and-go traffic? The more highway miles on the odometer, the better. Additionally, in some older models especially, the odometer can be tampered with, so make sure the number it shows matches the overall condition of the used Ford truck.
- Try before you buy. Drive the used Ford truck through roads and terrains that simulate your daily driving environment to gauge its performance real-time.
- Ask for professional opinion. Bring the vehicle to a trusted mechanic to provide you with an unbiased opinion of a used Ford truck’s value. And remember, even if you do find any issues with the truck, this does not necessarily mean the end of the road. You can use the flaw as a bargaining chip when negotiating with the dealer.
Shop the Best Used Ford Trucks in the Greater St. Louis Area
The Ford truck can definitely hold its own, even in tough competition that includes stellar trucks such as the Dodge Ram and the Chevy Silverado. If you are looking for a dealer in the greater St. Louis area that sells used Ford trucks, Mid-Rivers Motors is a good place to start. Having been in the business of selling used cars since 1991, we are one of the most trusted used truck dealers serving St. Peters as well as St. Louis, St. Charles, Wentzville, Hazelwood, Fenton, Union, Washington, Pacific, and Columbia.
We offer a wide range of trucks at affordable prices, as well as multiple financing options for people of all credit levels. Even people with poor credit history or who have filed for bankruptcy may apply.
To learn more about our pickup trucks for sale, contact us at 636-970-6800.